Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Man and The Ostrich



                        The Man and The Ostrich



> A man walks into a restaurant with a full-grown ostrich behind him.

> The waitress asks for their orders. The man says, "A hamburger, fries

> and a coke," and turns to the ostrich, "What's yours?"



> "I'll have the same," says the ostrich.

> A short time later the waitress returns with the order. "That will be

> $9.40 please," and the man reaches into his pocket and pulls out the exact change for payment.



> The next day, the man and the ostrich come again and the man says, "A

> hamburger, fries, and a coke."

> The ostrich says, "I'll have the same."

> Again the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact change.

> This becomes routine until, the two enter again.

> "The usual?" asks the waitress.

> "No, this is Friday night, so I will have a steak, baked potato, and

> salad,"

> says the man.

> "Same," says the ostrich.

> Shortly the waitress brings the order and says, "That will be $32.62."

> Once again he man pulls the exact change out of his pocket and places it on the table.

> The waitress can't hold back her curiosity any longer. "Excuse me, sir.

>

How do you manage to always come up with the exact change out of your  pocket every time?"



> "Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic and

> found an old lamp. When I rubbed it a Genie appeared and offered me

> Two wishes.

> My

> first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I would just

> put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would always be there."



> "That's fantastic!" says the waitress. "Most people would wish for a

> million dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want

> for as long as you live!"



> "That's right. Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the

> exact money is always there," says the man.

> The waitress asks, "But, sir, what's with the ostrich?"

> The man sighs, pauses, and answers, "My second wish was for a tall

> chick with long legs who agrees with everything I say."

 

 



No comments: